Mr. Glenn Smith
Intermediate School Principal
Rockford Christian Intermediate School is designed specifically to provide a Christ-centered, academically challenging and developmentally appropriate education for grade 4 and 5 students while transitioning them through preadolescence. Our vision is to see humble, confident, life-long learners, motivated to impact the culture for Christ. We seek to educate the student in all areas of life, academically, physically, spiritually, and socially (Luke 2:52).
Seven principles guide the school:
- We believe in a Christ-centered biblical education.
- We believe education should inspire, prepare, and grow each student.
- We believe adolescence is a unique phase in each child’s life.
- We believe each child has individual God-given gifts and talents.
- We believe children develop best in a successful, nurturing environment.
- We believe teachers should model a strong relationship with Christ, and a commitment to life-long learning.
- We believe in a supportive partnership between school and home
The culture at Rockford Christian Intermediate School is very unique and special! Simply put, we focus on Christ and our students. Our Faculty is passionate, and they are continually improving and learning while providing innovative pedagogy in the classroom. We mentor our students and assist them to maintain healthy relationships with other students. We value the connection between home and school as being necessary for student success. We provide a choice to students for creative enrichments like Drama, Media Technology, Band, Choir, Art, Global Awareness, and Leadership. All of our students are exposed to Latin, Chinese, and Spanish. Each quarter, our students rotate by class between Foreign Language, Latin & Critical Thinking, Communications & Creative Writing, and Technology. Our physical education program is highly effective and age appropriate; this class is gender specific so health and wellness topics may be introduced in a comfortable environment.