Picture this: You make your annual trip for new school clothes. You fill the shopping cart with polo shirts and cargo pants, belts and sweaters—and head to the register. Your purchase is rung up, folded, and you pay a grand total of $400. Guess what? You just earned $28 toward your kids’ tuition. On the way home, you pick up a video and pizza. That’s another $1 credit. How is this possible?
Welcome to Scrip!
How does it work???
SCRIP is a word that means “substitute money”. Local & national retailers sell scrip to us in the form of gift cards or certificates. RCS purchases them at a discount determined by the retailer. Family and friends of RCS purchase the SCRIP at face value. From the profit RCS makes from your family’s purchases, we credit 70% back to your tuition account. The remaining 30% helps the school meet the operating budget.
FOR INSTANCE….If you bought $1000 per month in SCRIP with an average 10% profit…RCS would earn $100 profit from the purchases. RCS then credits your account $70 and the
Annual Fund would receive $30.
How to get started!
Print out the enrollment form. After completing the form, turn it into either the elementary or secondary campus. You are now enrolled in the program!
Scrip may be purchased one of two ways: cash and carry or weekly orders
Cash & Carry: You come into the office; as long as we have it in stock, you walk out with it (after you have paid, of course). Vendors include the following: AMC Theaters, Applebee’s, Arby’s, Barnes & Noble, Beef-a-Roo, Best Buy, Body Bronze, BP, Burger King, Chili’s, Chipotle, Cracker Barrel, Culvers, CVS Pharmacy, Dairy Queen, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Exxon/Mobil, Gap/Old Navy, Giordano’s, Home Depot, Hilander/Kroger, Home Depot, iTunes, KFC, Kohl’s, Lands’ End, Lino’s, Marathon, Mary’s Market, McDonalds, Meg’s, Menards, Noodles, Office Depot, Office Max, Outback, Panera, Panino’s, Papa Johns, PetSmart, Pizza Hut, Red Lobster/Olive Garden, Red Robin, Road Ranger, Shell, SpaFinder, Starbucks, Steak N Shake, Subway, Taco Bell, Target, Texas Roadhouse, Ulta, Valli Produce, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Wendy’s and Woodman’s. Physicians Immediate Care also offers a $25 Sport/School Physical available through our program.
Hours for this program are as follows:
Monday: 8 - 12 at the Primary campus
Tuesday: 8 – 3 at the Secondary campus
Wednesday: Scrip office closed
Thursday: 8 – 3 at the Secondary campus
Friday: 8-1 & 2:30 - 3:30 at the Primary campus
Weekly orders: Pre-paid orders placed by noon on Monday will be available for pick-up the following Monday. You can turn these orders in at either campus. You also have the ability to choose your pick-up location (primary or secondary campus). No school on Monday means drop off moves to Friday and pick-up moves to Tuesday. To download a form, click here. To view complete vendor list, click here.
Payment: RCS SCRIP accepts cash, check, American Express, Master Card, Visa & Discovery. If you use a credit card, there is a fee of 2% of the purchase price. ($100 would be charged an extra $2 fee).
Grandparents, relatives and friends can also enroll and purchase SCRIP from RCS and designate your tuition account to receive the 70% credit!! You can use the credit to pay for Large Class Trips (6, 7, 8, 12 and Jan-term), book fines, Primary/Intermediate lunches (Pre K – 5), Extended Care, Registration Fee, Sports Fee, Tuition & Late fee. Unused credits simply accrue, so they may be used the following year. Tuition credits have no cash value and are not refundable. Don’t forget. . SCRIP is like a gift certificate. . anyone can use the SCRIP you purchase. It also saves you time when you pay… no writing checks…fumbling for cash…just pull out your card or certificate and pay.