· Preschool/Pre-Kindergarten: Admission to the Rockford Christian Early Childhood program is based on age (applicant must be at least three years old by September 1 to enter the preschool program, and at least four years old by September 1 to enter the pre-kindergarten program) and social readiness. Applicant must be toilet trained before entering preschool.
· Kindergarten: Through participation in a series of age appropriate activities, each students academic and developmental readiness is examined. The evaluation takes approximately 30 minutes and is administered by a Rockford Christian School teacher. Current RCS pre-kindergarten students are given priority, with new applicant screening beginning in March.
· Grade 1: Grade 1 applicants are screened through the School Readiness Test. The primary concern in accepting applicants to Grade 1 in that he/she is both developmentally and academically ready to handle the expectations of the Grade 1 Program at Rockford Christian School. The testing/evaluation procedure will last approximately 90 minutes and will be administered by a qualified testing professional at RCS.
· Grades 2 through 6: Applicants for grades 2 through 6 will be given a series of Stanford Achievement Tests and the Otis-Lennon Student Ability Test. The results of these tests must be at grade level or above for admission to Rockford Christian School. Admission to the school will not be determined until all admission requirements are met.
· Grades 7 through 12: Students are individually evaluated for placement in appropriate levels of academic courses. The student may spend a day shadowing a student in the current grade level upon successful completion of evaluation requirement. Admission to the school will not be determined until all admission requirements are met.