Rockford Christian Schools’ dress and appearance code aims to assist in providing an atmosphere conducive to attentiveness and learning. We desire clothing and appearance to be neat, clean, and modest without extremes. We recognize that scripture does not prescribe proper dress; however, it does give guidelines regarding modesty, appearance, and conduct.
Students enrolled at Rockford Christian Schools are expected to wear the correct clothes in good
repair to school each day. The official school uniform company is Land’s End. Uniforms can be
purchased from other suppliers if they comply with style, fabric, and exact color to the regulation
- Plain white, loose-fitting oxford-style/dress, button-down shirts/blouses.
- Loose-fitting, polo-type shirts (Navy, Gray, Royal Blue, Black or White) with no logo
other than approved school logo.
- Shirts may be either short or long sleeved.
- Shirts must be appropriately buttoned and may not expose midriff.
- Pants / Shorts
- Students may wear khaki, “Docker” or similar brand style pants, slacks, or shorts.
- Cargo pants are not acceptable although cargo shorts may be worn.
- All pants must be worn at the waist.
- Shorts must be no shorter than 3” from the top of the knee.
- Skirts & skorts must the pre-selected plaid from Land’s End.
- All skirts & skorts must be no shorter than 3” from the top of the knee.
- Leggings or tights that are a solid material may be worn under the skirt. (No lace or fishnet type material)
- Outerwear (Fleeces/Jackets/Sweatshirts/Sweaters with no logo other than approved school logo)
- Outerwear may be worn over a dress-code approved polo or oxford.
- Acceptable Outerwear
- Sweaters/fleeces in solid, Black, Royal Blue, White, Navy or Gray
- Official Rockford Christian fleeces, crewneck sweatshirts, or jackets without a hood.
- Hoodies or other hooded apparel are not allowed to be worn in school other than on spirit wear days.
- Spirit Wear Fridays
- On Friday, students are permitted to wear official Rockford Christian spirit wear tops (t-shirts, shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, or jackets) with uniform pants, shorts, or skirts. Sleeveless jerseys must be worn with a sleeved shirt underneath.
NOTE: All clothing should be clean and in good condition (void of holes, rips, frayed edges,
- Low profile conventional shoes (loafers, sandals, dress shoes, deck shoes, athletic shoes, or hiking-style boots) may be worn.
- Shoes must be worn at all times in the building.
- Hair styles should be clean, neatly trimmed, and in one of the four natural colors (brown,black, blonde, red)
- No hairstyle should seek to draw inappropriate attention to oneself. (Mohawk, spiked, tails, etc.)
- Earrings are not permissible for boys.
- Neck chains, pendants, rings, and wrist bracelets may be worn as long as they do not distract from the learning environment and do not contradict Christian values/standards.
- Visible tattoos or body piercing (other than the ear for girls) are not allowed.
- Head coverings (hats/caps, bandanas, etc.) may not be worn in the building.
- Sunglasses may not be worn in the building during school hours.