College & Career Planning
Rockford Christian Counseling Center
Our counseling office is staffed by an experienced and dedicated team whose purpose is to support students development academically, socially,
emotionally, and spiritually.
At RCS students are actively engaged in a comprehensive counseling curriculum throughout middle and high school. Some of the highlights of their experience includes:
- Friday Adviser Meetings where all middle and high school students participate in weekly small group sessions to help students explore topics including social and emotional development, careers and college planning.
- ACT Aspire for grades 6-10 connects student college readiness in English, math, reading, and science. This program checks annual student growth in each grade in the context of college and career readiness. Taking the ACT ASPIRE is a great way to prepare for the ACT, which all students take their junior year to serve as their college entrance exam score.
- PSAT for all sophomores and juniors. Our students take the PSAT to prepare for the SAT which is used for college admission and also to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
- ACT at RCS in September and April.
- Our annual NACCAP College Fair brings over 54 national colleges to the Rockford Christian Schools campus. Hundreds of students and parents flood the fair to meet with admission representatives and attend financial aid workshops.
- College visits. Our high school students can attend college tours to over fifteen schools each year. College visits include public, private, small and large schools to discover their best fit.
- Meet with admission representatives at RCS. Each semester, we host college admission reps for small group meetings and large group informational talks.
- Alumni advocates are our best source of college inspiration. In Friday Adviser Groups, we invite our alumni to come & tell us about their college experiences.
- Individual meetings with students to work through schedules, four year graduation plans, college planning, applications, and scholarships.
We are committed to helping students and find the colleges and universities that best align with their individual objectives and strengths.
Rockford Christian students use Naviance Family Connection to aid student in finding college and career pathways that are right for them. Through Naviance students use a series of assessments to discover their:
- Personality Type through the Myers Briggs Personality Test
- Learning Style
- Career Interests
Then students matches their unique preferences to match them with college and career options that suit their interests.