International Student Admission
International Student Application Process
Rockford Christian School welcomes applications from international students! Students from around the globe have attended RCS: Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Thailand, Finland, Holland, China, Vietnam, Syria, and Mexico. We offer classes designed especially for international students which will help them to not only have a successful high school experience but will also prepare students to continue their studies at American Universities. These classes include ESL, a comprehensive grammar and writing class, and TOEFL Exam preparation. Rockford Christian is a SEVIS approved school and is licensed by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program to issue I-20 Forms which allows international students to obtain an F1 student Visa. Please contact Sarah Cernohous at our high school campus for more information about our international student program. She can be reached by phone at 779-771-7934, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use this checklist to make sure you have all forms, documents, and information turned in before the first day of school or within a week of arrival into the country.
- Complete and return the International Student Admissions Application
- Submit official copies of academic transcripts
- Submit a copy of an official photo I.D. such as a passport
- ALL students need to have the Emergency Contact Form completed by the host-parent (print from this link or check for forms that came in your registration packet)
- Complete physical exam for all foreign exchange students in all grades must be performed in Illinois.
- Host-Parent must complete the health history portion and sign/date the form. This is NOT the same as a sports physical but can also qualify as a sports physical.
- All immunizations must be up-to-date. (This should come from the agency. If the child is missing an immunization, they will need to go to the Health Dept. or your physician to obtain the vaccination. The school nurse will let you know if this is necessary.)
Return all items to:
Rockford Christian Schools
1401 N. Bell School Road
Rockford, Illinois, 61107