Jobs at RCS
Rockford Christian Schools is accepting applications for qualified teachers and support staff for the 2020-2021 school year. Applicants must have a strong Christian commitment to be considered.
Currently accepting applications for:
Rockford Christian Middle School (Grades 5-8)
We offer Extended-care option for students who need care beyond the hours school classes from 3:15-5:30pm Monday through Friday
Hours: 3:00 - 5:30
We are looking for qualified individuals to sub as needed, but who also might be available for every day 2nd semester
Reports to the Principal of Student Services
- High School diploma required
- College degree completed or in process preferred.
Job Description and duties:
- Keep a record of attendance daily for students
- Be willing to assist students with homework assignments as needed
- Interaction with students in conversation and activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, effective communication and punctuality.
Act as appropriate Christian role models in appearance and actions.
Develop and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, students, and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity and consideration.
This is an elementary school position. Grade level K-4.
For more information, contact Janna McLaughlin
We are accepting applications for substitute teachers for grades K-12 for the upcoming school year. Please fill out this application
Desired qualifications of all Candidates:
- An individual who has a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is skilled at mentoring and modeling for his/her students what it means to be a follower of Christ
- An individual who is intellectually and professionally curious, interested in becoming an expert in his or her field
- An individual who understands and supports the mission and vision of Rockford Christian Schools
Desired qualifications of Teacher Candidates:
- Holds Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education from an accredited college or university
- Teacher candidates must hold a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university to be eligible for employment as a teacher at Rockford Christian Schools
- Has or is eligible for ACSI teaching certification
- Shows proficiency in technology, organizational and administrative skills
- A teacher who is ready to integrate vibrant faith with excellent academics, while providing a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Has a desire to be involved in extracurricular leading or coaching roles (academic clubs, student government, athletics, theatre, service learning, etc…)