Jobs at RCS
Rockford Christian Schools is accepting applications for qualified teachers and support staff for the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants must have a strong Christian commitment to be considered.
Currently accepting applications for:
This is a part-time position guiding and directing our theater programs at the middle school/high school level. Typically, the high school puts on a fall play production, which can be more student led and directed. In the spring both high school and middle school produce musical productions. There is also a tradition of making smaller comedy productions in the winter which typically uses student written material. This job could be combined with a part-time teaching position in English or other compatible subject if the schedule allows to make a full-time position. Apply within, for more information.
This assistant position would be to help elementary classroom teachers in various needs throughout the day like take attendance, lunch duty, recess, grading, make copies, moving students, room decoration.
We are looking for two part time nurses, one for elementary and one for the MS/HS campus.
Please contact Ann Warren for more information - 815-262-3411
This position would answer the phone, monitor the entry, and performs various other tasks as assigned. Computer skills would be a must, but training would be provided.
Desired qualifications of all Candidates:
- An individual who has a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is skilled at mentoring and modeling for his/her students what it means to be a follower of Christ
- An individual who is intellectually and professionally curious, interested in becoming an expert in his or her field
- An individual who understands and supports the mission and vision of Rockford Christian Schools
Desired qualifications of Teacher Candidates:
- Holds Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education from an accredited college or university
- Teacher candidates must hold a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university to be eligible for employment as a teacher at Rockford Christian Schools
- Has or is eligible for ACSI teaching certification
- Shows proficiency in technology, organizational and administrative skills
- A teacher who is ready to integrate vibrant faith with excellent academics, while providing a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Has a desire to be involved in extracurricular leading or coaching roles (academic clubs, student government, athletics, theatre, service learning, etc…)