Jobs at RCS
Rockford Christian Schools is accepting applications for qualified teachers and support staff for the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants must have a strong Christian commitment to be considered.
Currently accepting applications for:
Rockford Christian Schools seeks a Chief Financial Officer to manage the schools’ finances and facilities. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the financial operations of the organization and supervises Human Resources and directors of Facilities, Information Technology and Food Services. He/She is responsible for safe-guarding the assets of the school and ensuring that all financial and operational functions meet the needs of the school and its constituencies. This position reports to the Superintendent and serves on the Superintendent’s Administrative Team. The CFO also will work closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Board of Directors Finance Committee.
The aim is to fill this key position by mid-June, 2019 or soon thereafter.
The Chief Financial Officer is knowledgeable of not-for-profit finances and management by training and/or experience. Qualification as a Certified Public Account is preferred as is experience with a Christian school.
Salary for this position is negotiable according to education and experience. Benefits include paid time off, paid vacation, tuition discount, continuing education allowance, 401(k) and employee health insurance.
Interested persons are invited to request the job description by contacting Administrative Assistant Megan Kirkham at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a part-time high school English teacher and part-time Theater teacher for the 2019-20 school year.
This is two part-time positions rolled into one full-time job. The English teaching part should be self-explanatory for any qualified candidate. The theater part involves guiding and directing our theater programs at the middle school/high school level. Much of this job would include after school activities during certain times of the year. Typically, the high school puts on a fall play production, which can be more student led and directed. In the spring both the high school and middle school produce musical productions. There is also a tradition of producing a comedy show in the winter which typically uses student written material. Apply within, for more information.
This is a part-time position guiding and directing our theater programs at the middle school/high school level. Typically, the high school puts on a fall play production, which can be more student led and directed. In the spring both high school and middle school produce musical productions. There is also a tradition of making smaller comedy productions in the winter which typically uses student written material. This job could be combined with a part-time teaching position in English or other compatible subject if the schedule allows to make a full-time position. Apply within, for more information.
We are looking for an elementary classroom teacher for the 2019-20 school year. Grade level to be determined based on successful applicants best fit within the organization.
We are looking for an Art Teacher to instruct elementary students in understanding principals of art.
This is a hands on class where students are instructed, then allowed to do art projects in a studio environment.
We are looking for a part-time Spanish teacher to move from class to class in our elementary school helping students understand the basics of the Spanish language and Spanish and Mexican cultures.
We currently have an elementary resource teacher position open for the 2019/2020 school year. This teacher will identify and support students who benefit from targeted intervention. Knowledge of the Individual Education Program, interventions for struggling students and the ability to develop accommodations and collaborate with classroom teachers is desired.
We are looking for two part time nurses, one for elementary and one for the MS/HS campus.
Please contact Ann Warren for more information - 815-262-3411
Desired qualifications of all Candidates:
- An individual who has a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is skilled at mentoring and modeling for his/her students what it means to be a follower of Christ
- An individual who is intellectually and professionally curious, interested in becoming an expert in his or her field
- An individual who understands and supports the mission and vision of Rockford Christian Schools
Desired qualifications of Teacher Candidates:
- Holds Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education from an accredited college or university
- Teacher candidates must hold a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university to be eligible for employment as a teacher at Rockford Christian Schools
- Has or is eligible for ACSI teaching certification
- Shows proficiency in technology, organizational and administrative skills
- A teacher who is ready to integrate vibrant faith with excellent academics, while providing a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Has a desire to be involved in extracurricular leading or coaching roles (academic clubs, student government, athletics, theatre, service learning, etc…)