Jobs at RCS
Rockford Christian Schools is accepting applications for qualified teachers and support staff for the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants must have a strong Christian commitment to be considered.
Currently accepting applications for:
We are accepting applications for substitute teachers for grades K-12 for the upcoming school year. Please fill out this application
Rockford Christian Schools is in search of a full-time English teacher who will teach equal amounts of both 8th grade English and High School English.
RCS is a well-established school with two campuses, over 900 students, full accreditation, and 60 years serving our local community.
Please send a resume and cover letter with your application
A qualified candidate will have:
A strong Christian faith
A love for students
A passion for teaching English, and a skill set to do so effectively
A bachelor's degree or higher in education or a relevant field of study
For a complete description of this job, click this link:
Desired qualifications of all Candidates:
- An individual who has a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is skilled at mentoring and modeling for his/her students what it means to be a follower of Christ
- An individual who is intellectually and professionally curious, interested in becoming an expert in his or her field
- An individual who understands and supports the mission and vision of Rockford Christian Schools
Desired qualifications of Teacher Candidates:
- Holds Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education from an accredited college or university
- Teacher candidates must hold a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university to be eligible for employment as a teacher at Rockford Christian Schools
- Has or is eligible for ACSI teaching certification
- Shows proficiency in technology, organizational and administrative skills
- A teacher who is ready to integrate vibrant faith with excellent academics, while providing a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Has a desire to be involved in extracurricular leading or coaching roles (academic clubs, student government, athletics, theatre, service learning, etc…)